Our College Counselor is dedicated to helping our upperclassmen (11th and 12th graders) understand and proceed through their transitions from high school to university. The counselor is available on a full-time basis to answer questions about finding the right path for each individual student after graduating from the American School of Fes – Amicitia. This includes, but is not limited to discussing:
- The SAT test, the TOEFL exam, and any other test necessary for university admission
- What universities look for in their ideal students
- Any other post-graduation questions or concerns
The counselor also gives regular lectures and presentations to upperclassmen to communicate general information on the university application process, the necessary steps to attaining university goals, college financing, and test preparation. These group presentations are generally at the beginning of the year (to help the 12th grade class) and end of the year (to help rising 11th graders). In the months between, the counselor works with individual students directly, through one-on-one meetings during the school day and email at any time.
American School of Fes – Amicitia students have been accepted to a range of universities worldwide. Many of our graduates have gone on to study at universities and community colleges in the United States, while yet another portion have transitioned to universities and technical schools in Europe, Morocco, and throughout the Middle East. Some of our students have studied in the United States and stayed in America to continue their studies and/or careers, while others have returned to Morocco after their studies to build their careers in their home country. .
Below is a list of universities that have hosted American School of Fes – Amicitia graduates:
- Jacksonville State University
- Rutgers University
- University of Denver
- Minnesota State University
- Texas State University - San Marcos
- American River Community College, Sacramento, California
- Whitworth University
- California State University
- University of Texas - San Antonio
- Lamar University
- Austin Community College – Texas
- University of Washington
- Columbus State Community College - Ohio
- Al Akhawayn University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University - Rabat
- European University Business School - Barcelona
- European University Business School - Munich
- La Salle University Barcelona
- Paris American Academy
- International Fashion Academy - Paris
- St. Louis University - Madrid
The counselor’s sole purpose is to help students with this academic transition, so students of any grade (and parents!) should feel free to call, email, or stop by the counseling office, to ask questions and gain information on SAT testing, searching for colleges, college admission, and determining their plans for the future.
For more information about college counseling, please contact our College Counselor, Anne Saunders, at (firstname.lastname@example.org).